Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Dispatch

Hi all,

Just taking a minute to report in. I have a new credit card, so all is well with the finances. I'm heading right to the train station from here, the library, where I get 1 hour free computer time, to go to York to visit the Minster and poke around there.

On the coach trip with the biddies yesterday, we passed breathtakingly beautiful countryside, through dales and moors. Whitby is a wonderful small fishing town and St. Hilda's is lovely.

I sat on the pier and wept a little, because Grandpère was not with me, and because the place was so beautiful. He would have adored Whitby. He's never known a fishing town or village that he didn't like. I sat on a bench on the pier and watched the waves roll in, which was soothing and healing. I'm getting all weepy and sentimental about places. I wept when I left the Yorkshire Moors with MadPriest and Mrs MadPriest. Image what MP thought of a weepy woman in the back of his car!

Madpriest said he would not write about our day, that he would leave it to me.

I finally talked to GP last night for the first time since I'm here! I feel much better after that call. We kept missing each other.

Thanks for all your prayers and concern about my misadventure with the wallet/purse.

Love,

Mimi

19 comments:

Fran said...

Miss you!
Love you!

Diane M. Roth said...

oh, I would be weeping too.
I'm glad you are having a good time.

SCG said...

I've been catching up on your adventures. And I can appreciate your tears. Traveling mercies, Grandmere.

Ann said...

Thank you for posting your travels. I know the weeping - we felt that way too. Also on Iona. Enjoy and we look forward to your next e-pistle.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was just me with the travelling tears. These are good tears to have.

Thinking of you and enjoying it all vicariously. So glad you got the new credit card.

Anonymous said...

(that anonymous person with the travelling tears was me.)

Anonymous said...

(that anonymous person with the travelling tears was me.)

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I am glad that you enjoyed watching the waves at Whitby; that would be a favorite of mine too. I am glad that MP is keeping your time together private; Clumber, on the other hand, is way out of line.( and he is a bishop!) LOL

Marilyn

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

"The Prospect of Whitby" was a pub in London much lauded by some friends of mine in High School...

I always associated it with the Which of Endor... I don't know how ;=)

It is soothing to watch the waves...

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

(and I never managed to memorize the spelling of which, witch and so on... W w is w?)

motheramelia said...

Watching waves always brings tears to my eyes. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I love reading about your travels. Can't wait for your account of your day with MP and Mrs. MP ... and the dogs of course.

Glad to hear that you have a new credit card.

Anonymous said...

There's a whole heck of a lot of love pouring out of this post, grandmere. Aw, dang, I'm teary-eyed as I share your joy in these "thin-places". Thanks for letting us share in your journey.

David@Montreal said...

dear, dear Mimi
it is so very good to have news of you
while your online presence is much missed, you know we're all thrilled you're having this time and posatively famished for your account of it when you get home.

love and prayers

David@Montreal

Unknown said...

What a lovely treat to hear from you! Thank you and continued safe travels!

doug said...

Mimi...IF you are reading this, it means you are back in the library :>)

If you haven't already asked, see if, by chance, someoen there found your wallet/purse!

Glad youi are having fun!

Paul said...

It is so wonderful to hear news from you. You travel with so much love all about you. Of course I wish i were traveling with you. Glad you and GP got to chat.

Belle and Maggie send their love.

Mwah!

Jane R said...

Lovely to hear from you. Thanks for the update and continued blessings and cyberhugs. Glad you talked to GP!

JCF said...

Madpriest said he would not write about our day, that he would leave it to me.

You know he's going to claim you hexed him (but will it be true? *g*)

Lovely to hear your travelogue, Mimi! (All the best to GP: I bet he's missing you, even more...)