Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dispatch From Headingley Library

Yesterday was a long day, with lots of walking in cold weather and wind in York, a good day, but tiring. I was in town long enough to stay for Evensong at York Minster. The girls' and men's choirs sang. It was gorgeous!

I have decided that I am a church lady, but not the kind of church lady that goes around scolding people. I just love churches. I lit a candle for MadPriest's job search in a Roman Catholic church very near the Minster, St Wilfrid's. Roman Catholic candles are the most efficacious, don't you think?

Mrs DP and I had a lovely time together today at Saltaire. DP and his wife must be two of the kindest people in all England. They have been family for me while I've been here. We saw that church in the picture that DP posted below, but it was not open for us to go in.

Mrs DP told me a few secrets about her beloved, but, of course, it was all in confidence and nothing to be published here. He should encourage her to do the occasional guest post on his blog. She already has the subject for one post.

As busy as my time here has been, I've found my travels refreshing, despite catching a nasty English cold (which are the very worst kind!). Fortunately, the cold didn't slow me down, and I'm over the worst of it. I needed to get away from my other life for a bit and worry about new and different problems like finding the right platform for the train I want to catch.

Love and blessings,

Mimi

16 comments:

motheramelia said...

Love and blessings to you. Get over your cold quickly. I for one would be most interested to hear what Mrs DP would have to say on DP's blog.

it's margaret said...

Grandmere! I hope the remainder of your travels continue to give you new and different "problems."

Many blessings!

Doorman-Priest said...

A nasty English cold (which are the very worst kind!).

Worse than childbirth Dear Mimi. Worse than childbirth.

Rudo said...

I am glad that nothing slows you down Mimi--not losing your purse and a nasty English cold. Continue to enjoy your trip as I continue to pray for you.

Lapinbizarre said...

The cold was probably caught on your flight out - all those folks sharing the recycled air and sharing their germs along with it. Don't recall, back in my traveling days, ever crossing the Atlantic to the UK and not coming down, four or five days later, with a truly nasty, stinking cold.

Jane R said...

Dear Mimi, thanks for the update, and very warm greetings from me and the feline bishop to DP and Mrs. DP!

Lois Keen said...

Night Nurse! It'll knock that cold right out the universe. (and you with it!)

Revd. Neal Terry said...

Secrets! I'll make sure to keep my beloved away from you tomorrow then.

SCG said...

Ugh! My French partner would agree that English colds are horrible.
Hope you continue to enjoy your adventure... sans more drama.

Doorman-Priest said...

The "secret" as I understand it (unless someone is being less than straight with me) is that I can't blog and cook vegetables at the same time.

I'm a man. I can't multi-task.

Is that burning I smell?

JimB said...

"Roman Catholic candles are the most efficacious, don't you think?"

Nope. I like the Eastern ones better.



Enjoy your trip! Sounds like a lot of fun.

FWIW
jimB

Kirkepiscatoid said...

I am absolutely convinced if MP gets that job, it will be on account of your visit. Which means if I were you, I would never let MP forget the intercession of St. Mimi, and demand that he kiss your backside and suck up to you in deference for the remainder of his life, heh heh....

Ann said...

I have been off on EfM training for the last couple of days. Sitting in the Denver airport catching up on Mimi's travels. Prayers all around.

Ann said...

I have been off on EfM training for the last couple of days. Sitting in the Denver airport catching up on Mimi's travels. Prayers all around.

JCF said...

despite catching a nasty English cold (which are the very worst kind!). Fortunately, the cold didn't slow me down, and I'm over the worst of it.

Yikes! Famous last words...

Take CARE of yourself, G'mere! [Drown it w/ gallons of "cuppas" ;-/]

Göran Koch-Swahne said...

And I was in York Minster during rehersals for Evensong Sunday. Lovely!